Friday, July 30, 2010

Decision in Niemi Arbitration Due Saturday

According to Yahoo!, the arbitrator's decision in the Niemi case is coming this Saturday. If it's too high, it's expected to set off a chain reaction for the Hawks.

The arbitrator can choose either side’s offer, or any amount between the two. Hawks GM Stan Bowman had the following to say:

“The arbitrator will make the ruling, I believe, sometime on Saturday. At that point we have 48 hours to accept or walk away from the award, or trade the award."

Bowman added,

“To be simple, it will depend on what the number is,” he added. “I’m not going to get into the dollar amount. Our cap situation is tight. Depending on where it is, it will drive the boat.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talk about being between a rock and a hard place. Unusual that a team would be in this spot with their potential starting stopper only 6 weeks before camp opens. What is Plan B if Arbitration number is high Eric? Also see Habs haven't inked Price yet after all the Halak excitement.